If you've just had a new HTML email signature designed and set up for you to use on our email signature tool (Email Hype) you, and anyone else using a valid company email address, can now access the signature setup at www.emailhype.co.uk
Instructions for setting up your signature
To begin the signature generation, do the following:
- Visit http://www.emailhype.co.uk and enter your email address in the field, as pictured below, and click 'GO'
- Once you submit your email address, you will receive an email confirmation in your inbox with a link to access the signature setup.
- Click on the 'create my signature' link and it will open up the signature setup page, allowing you to add your details and preview your signature.
- Once you're happy that your signature details are all correct and your signature looks good, choose an operating system and mail program closest to what you are currently using (you might not see the exact combination) and follow the instructions for setup provided. If you do get into any difficulty and your system is very different from the choice provided, please let us know.
Depending on your email program and operating system, you will have different options for installing. Generally speaking, if you're on Windows and using Outlook, you'll be able to use a Batch file to install the signature for you. If on Mac or other Windows or Linux email programs, the HTML signature will need manually installed using the instructions provided.
- Once installed your signature will be available within your email program.
Managing the Email Signature - for admin staff
If you need to edit the link or replace the image visit http://www.emailhype.co.uk/manage/ (if you have been designated as an admin for your company's signature, you will have been supplied with a username and password already. If you haven't received this or your credentials aren't working, please contact us).
When logged in you'll see something like the below, with your organisation's signature(s) listed
Select the signature that you wish to manage and click the 'Manage this signature' button
You'll then have the following options to update the signature. Please note that when editing email hype fields, those that are in bold are mandatory fields.
- Available for signature generation?
If no is selected then users will not be able to generate this signature. If yes is selected, then the signature will be available for generation.
- Logo website address
If a person clicks the main signature image (usually the banner image) they will be taken to this website address chosen.
- Main signature logo
The main signature image can be updated by uploading a new image. Make sure the image is the same size and format as the one you're replacing. if in doubt at all - contact support for help.
The following Google Parameter fields allow you to easily add campaign parameters to the website address URL above, so that you can track Custom Campaigns in Google Analytics. This is particularly useful if you want to measure the effectiveness of your email signature as a marketing tool. You can find more detailed guidance on the use of these parameters here.
- Google analytics campaign name
The name you'll use to identify a specific product promotion or strategic campaign. The default is 'Signature-link'
- Google analytics campaign source
Used to identify a search engine, newsletter name, or other source. The default is 'signature'.
- Google analytics campaign medium
Used to identify a medium such as email or cost-per- click. The default is 'email'.
- Google analytics campaign term
Used to note the keywords for any paid search terms
- Google analytics campaign content
Used for A/B testing and content-targeted ads. Use this to differentiate ads or links that point to the same URL.
The system has an option of duplicating signatures. This allows you to create a copy of a signature, edit the image, rename and save, so that if you have different business units, you can choose from multiple signatures with different graphics/messages.
New Signature designs
If you want new signature designs, please contact Mercurytide, who'll be able to assist in generating new templates.
If you run into any issues at all, please contact support and we'll help with anything we can to get your signatures looking and working to perfection.